YOUR ASSESSMENT AND MUNICIPAL TAXES
Resolving Assessment Concerns
Your property’s assessment should be a reasonable reflection of its market value as of the “valuation date”. The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is responsible for ascertaining the market value of your property. If you feel your assessment is inaccurate or unfair, the following steps can be taken to resolve your concerns:
- Ensure all information that MPAC has about your property is accurate
- Review the value of similar properties in your area (free reports are available through AboutMyProperty or by calling MPAC at 1.866.296.6722.
- File a Request for Reconsideration with MPAC. The deadline for filing a request for the current taxation year is March 31 of that same year. Forms are available at the municipal office or at the MPAC web site.
- File a Notice of Complaint with the Assessment Review Board. You can find more information including forms, fees and how to file a Complaint online at the ARB web site or by calling toll free 1.800.263.3237.
The Municipal Council has adopted its budget for the year 201__ on ____________(date).
See below for highlights of 201__ budget.
For a complete copy, contact the municipal office
Invoicing of taxes201__ TAXES -- Your interim tax bill for the year_______ will be due on ___________.
Your final tax bill will be due ________________.
Taxes are payable at:
the municipal office,
5151 County Road 14
St-Eugene ON K0B-lPO
- the Caisse Populaire de la Vallée Inc at the following branches: St-Eugene and Alexandria
- electronically for customers of RBC (Royal Bank), National Bank, CIBC (Commerce), TD (Toronto Dominion), Scotiabank, BMO (Bank of Montreal) and Caisse Populaire Desjardins. Your 19-digit roll number is your reference code.
- by mail after office hours, in the mail slot located at the entrance of the office.
- by post-dated cheque.
Low Income Seniors and Low Income Disabled eligible for refund of taxes
If you are 65 years of age or older or if you are disabled and are receiving an increment under the Guaranteed Income Supplement, you may be eligible for a refund of all increases of taxes in whole. The deadline for submitting applications is December 31 of the taxation year to which the application relates. Forms are available at the municipal office or through this link.
Possible Rebate of Property Taxes for Vacancies in Commercial and Industrial Buildings
Property tax relief for vacant commercial and industrial buildings will be provided to property owners through rebates that are issued by municipalities. The deadline for submitting applications is February 28 of the year following the taxation year to which the application relates. Forms are available at the municipal office or through this link.