Territory : 235 km2
The Township of East Hawkesbury was incorporated on January 1st 1850. It is a gateway to Ontario, as it is bordered by the province of Québec on the East and the Ottawa River on its North side. The township has three villages : Chute-à-Blondeau, Ste-Anne-de-Prescott and St-Eugène.
Agriculture is the main activity sector and everywhere in the township, you can admire beautiful centennial farms. Our dairy farms are among the most advanced in Eastern Ontario. The agricultural sector is well diversified and includes large scale farming of corn and cereals, several organic farms, non traditional farms such as goat farms, goat cheese, kefir and yogurt production as well as other food processing.
At Voyageur Provincial Park, located on the shores of the Ottawa River, natural attractions blend with history. The park has over 400 camping sites and offers sandy beaches, hiking trails and interpretive programs.
St-Eugène is where the Prescott and Russell Recreational Trail starts. A pavilion with parking offers easy access to the trail. St-Eugène is a small but active community. Canada Day celebrations are organized every year in St-Eugène.
A visit at the heritage Catholic Church in Ste-Anne-de-Prescott with its Casavant organ is a must. The parish of is very proud of its beautiful church where several concerts are presented throughout the year. The Antique Day is an annual event held in June that reunites amateurs of antique agricultural machinery. September is the month the annual Gala folklorique.